Thursday, February 17, 2011

Another week has gone by..

Here is our baby boy Lucas, having hang time at the shop on Tuesday. He was so happy to be able to come along to work with us (look at that smile). Little did he know he was about to go to the vet. Sorry buddy.

Well, another week is over. The weeks are flying by, don't even know where the time has gone! This week we had a couple of the guys from thslfe.com come into the shop to take some pics of the shop and Matt/Simo tattooing. The pics may make it into their hard copy A4 "coffee table" style publication, they hope to release sometime in the near future. The publication will be featuring all Australian content, featuring artist from different walks of life (street artists, graffiti artists, tattooists, to name a few). So fingers crossed the pics turn out well and you may see us in there. Big thanks to the guys for thinking of us too, we really appreciate it! So check out thslfe.com

Here is a little exert to give you an idea of what their website is all about:

"The site will feature, but will be no way limited to, Artists, Photographers, Tattooists, Designers, Riders, Boarder, Free Thinkers and Individuals who offer something more than the norm, as a way for them (and myself) to express creativities and provide an insight into the lifestyle/s that we are a part of every day".

The guys from thslfe.com taking some pics of Matt tattooing on Wednesday. Thanks Scotty "Too Good" for being such a great model!
The terrible two had some spare time, so Jamie tattooed Simo for a bit. (Jamie looks kinda evil here, don't know if I want to be tattooed by someone with that face).
Of course there must be tattoo content in here. Feels like forever since Matt finished anything, so it is yet another "in progress" shot of some line work. Our very good client Luke got a sweet traditional dagger/snake piece for his shin. Nice one.

Matt also started a cool hawk/snake piece on Matt B. There is a skull squeezed into the background up the top but it's a little hard to see in the pic (in between the flames). I wasn't able to get shots of it on his arm this time but here is the line drawing to give you an idea anyway. Mr snake still needs his scales, but use your imagination.


Matt also started a massive tiger back piece on Natalie. I really, really wanted to take some pics but Matt wants to wait until the next session, so it has some black shading in it. What a party pooper!! Anyways, stayed tuned on that one. I love it because I am desperate for a Japanese tiger too.

Saturday night must get a mention here. We were invited by our awesome client Robbie Heart to see him wrestle. I had some hesitations, as I wasn't really sure wrestling was my "thing". But I have to say I had one of the best nights in a long time!! Between watching how awesome Robbie was and listening to Jamie and Matt heckle to the point of loosing their voices, it was so entertaining!! We all had a really good laugh and of course I had to take pictures of the event. There were many more but my computer is too slow right now and I got sick of it taking so long.

What a star Robbie Heart (our hero)!

Tash and I getting into the spirit of things.
Matt doing what he does best "playing air guitar" with Robbies belt.

I got a little concerned when I saw the amount of blood coming out of Robbie's face!

Anyways, thanks Robbie, we are now your biggest fans! Can't wait for the next event. If you want a good night out, you should come along!

And I would like to take a moment to send a shout out to my mum, who just asked to get her first tattoo! I am so proud! "Go mumma bear"!

Matt's contribution this week: "Big happy birthday to my little sister, Lauren, who turned 30 this week. Much love to her and our Canadian family". ps listen to Bad Religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment