Friday, February 4, 2011

Another Day

So after our awesome time in Melbourne over the weekend, we were straight back to work Monday and we have had a rather busy week.

I started a Japanese language course on Monday night. I am trying to learn Japanese, since we will be returning there quite a bit in the near future. I thought it would be important for at least one of us to learn a bit of the language. Matt can't even remember the difference between "Hello" and "Thank you", so I thought I would give it a go. Oh my goodness I am overwhelmed. It's been a while since I have been in a classroom. However, I am determined to hang in there, maybe it's just because it was the first week. Maybe it won't be so overwhelming next week. Wish me luck.

If you got the Adelaide Advertiser this weekend you may have seen us in the "Weekender". I think I mentioned, way back last year sometime, that we were going to be in the paper and it's finally been printed (see I wasn't lying). Basically the article was about how tattoo's have become much more mainstream and just how popular they are right now. They featured Matt and our shop in there, so that was cool. Justin and Amy (Matt's clients) got interviewed for the article and we got a few pics in there too (a way too over sized one of Matt, me and the puppies looking like the dorks we are). So yeah, that was pretty funny to wake up to this morning.

Did our pic really need to be that big? What dorkazoids.
On the tattoo side of things Matt finished Ben's arm this morning and also started a new Japanese piece on Drew's leg yesterday. Drew's leg has a Hannya, Japanese ghost and 4 snakes in it. Drew does have the largest calves in the world, so although that sounds like a lot, it did all fit in there quite nicely (may even be room for one flower).

Benny boy's arm (Girl wearing vulture skull), finito!

Drew's new leg piece, Front.
And Back!


That's it for now. I am off to have a Saturday afternoon nap on the couch. Cheerio!

ps Matt's input this week. He says everyone needs to watch "Waterworld" and "The Postman" and appreciate the brilliance that is Kevin Costner.








No comments:

Post a Comment