Saturday, December 18, 2010

Japan


I know, I know, it's been like forever since I blogged. But I must admit we have been so busy, I haven't even had a chance.

So we spent 5-6 in Japan and had one of the most amazing trips ever. Met great people, got loads of tattoo's, ate great food and had the best shopping experiences ever.

You would think that spending such a long time in one place we would have had more time to do things but it just went so quickly and we jam packed our days full of sightseeing and tattooing.

Mine and Matt's Sleeves
We spent most of our 6 weeks in Yokohama but we did head out on some more extended trips out of the city. We visited Hiroshima, Miyajima, Kyoto again and even took a trip to the snow (Nozawa Onsen). I saw snow for the very first time and surprised myself at how much I loved it and how little the cold actually bothered me.

I love all the different foods at the market. It was those times that I actually wish I wasn't vegan so I could try stuff.

I loved these little guys. They sing and dance. I am getting one next time I am in Japan.
We actually found a vegan cafe in Hiroshima. So we ordered up BIIIIG! And ate there 3 times. Best food ever!

Anyways, there is just too much to talk about regarding Japan and I am sure your all going to be pissed if I rub it in too much, so I should talk more about business.

Jamie and Simone will be taking time off over Christmas and New Years. So from the 24th of December till the 10th of January the shop will be closed completely. Both Jamie and Simo and Matt and I will be back to work on the 10th.

So after I cracked the shits with facebook and cancelled it, I have caved in and reactivated my account- I know who is laughing at me right now:P Seems like no one communicates any other way anymore. So if I want to keep in touch or communicate with the rest of the world, it seems I have to keep the bloody thing. Now not to be completely hypocritical, I now have a twitter account too. I know, how do I go from hating everything internet to actually committing to more social forums?? I am a sucker, that's why. But my reasoning is I want to blog/twitter more and facebook less (facebook and I are still not friends and I prefer not to use it). So follow me on twitter. I can't promise I have anything intelligent or witty to say but I am a fucking looser right now with 8 followers, so help me out so I look less losser-ish.

So we have left Japan and made it to Canada! Surprised the hell out of Lauren, which was fun! It's so good to see Bobby and Lauren and we are already having an awesome time. It was -3 today, which was lovely and mild. But I am so excited to experience a white/cold christmas, the way it should be! If it doesn't snow christmas day I am going to be disappointed. But more about Canada when we have been here longer and I am less tired.

Well must be off, we are having a christmas party and expecting guests any minute. Plus I haven't even had an alcoholic beverage yet, I must get on it! Gotta show the Canadian's how it's done.

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment